Sentinel X400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can a small amount of X400 be added to the heating system and left in on a permanent basis to help circulation? If so, what amount would be ok?

Sponsored Links
Hi

X400 is a soft cleaner designed to be removed after 4 weeks. The exact period is on the bottle. I would follow these instructions drain it down, flush it well then add inhibitor x100.

It works by loosening deposits.

It needs at least four weeks and is best at six weeks but must be completely flushed out after the six weeks.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sentinel are SELLING their products.

We use them!

Who do you think are better able to advise on their use?

Tony

so are you telling us that YOU know better than the manufacturer then Tony ?

You are both being armchair experts and just reading what the SELLERS say!

In fact if you take that approach you might as well use Fernox F3 as that can do EVERYTHING according to the instructions!

Far better to get experience of using these products and you then understand their advantages and their limitations.

Tony

wouldnt touch fernox use Sentinell every time and I assure you Im no armchair expert, the manufacturer clearly states that there is no limit to the length of time that X400 may be left in the system but as you seem to know better I suggest you get in touch with Sentinell and put them right, they are obviously employing arseholes to specify their products could be an opening there !

Agile Read my first post you pompus ass.
I talk from my experience of using the product, but from the ammount of time you can devout to the website I say its you that is the armchair critic. :mad:

Being abusive does not add to your credibility!

Perhaps you just fit boilers and use X400 for their minimum quoted time of two hours? And then think it complies with BS7592: 1992

You say its "designed to be removed after four weeks. The exact period is on the bottle" ( As if you dont really know what is on the bottle! )

You say its "soft cleaner" whereas its actually a chellating agent.

It actually says " ....a longer period of circulation ( e.g.up to 4 weeks ) is recommended".

Anyone using the product to get the maximum advantages knows that it is better left for about six weeks. After that time the dirt it suspends seems to be redeposited.

X400 probably reduces the effectiveness of X100/X200 etc which is why it is recommended to ensure the product is flushed out of the system prior to the addition of other products.
X400 on its own won't provide corrosion protection etc. as the other products will.
As the fact sheet says, it can be left in longer, but why would you want to?
Once system has been cleaned out, and flow restored you would want to add corrosion inhibiter etc. to ensure long life and whatever else other products provide.

Would that make sense?

Only a direct query to Manufacturers will sort this out.
Or a search of a FAQ if they have one.

you dont need a direct enquiry to the manu they state clearly on their site that x400 will cause no problem if left in indefinately

I didn't say it couldn't be left in.

It needs the enquiry to see if its compatible with other products in the series

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back