Separating from shared water supply and laying new supply pipe

W

Will1986

I'm currently building an extension. I've found that I share a water supply pipe with my neighbour (I live in a semi but the pipe is shared with the house not attached to mine). The pipe runs up the boundary line to the back of the house and then Ts off to each property. I want to move the position that the pipe enters my house so it comes into the garage to my new boiler and the rest of the house. I've arranged for someone to bore the hole in the foundations for the pipe to enter and I'm happy with digging the trench to the boundary for the new pipe to be laid and then I believe ST water will make a new connection to the main for free.
So my question is
How do I cap off the line to my property. Do I cut near the T and cap or remove the T and fit a bend in the pipe to my neighbour.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
A bend would be better, dead legs are not allowed in pipework.

You will probably find you need to lay the new service to the boundary, (to comply with Water Regs), and ST will connect it from there to the main, although whether that'll be free is another matter. Anglian Water charged £800 recently on I job I did.

ST water website says if you have a shared connection or a lead supply pipe that they will connect your new pipe to the main for free to put you on your own supply

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back