Seperate oven and hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello i have a new seperate oven 5.1 kw and hob 6.4 kw and i am unsure how to wire them. The hob has two live and two neutral terminals and i wonder can i run a 6mm cable from the consumer unit to the cooker switch, from the cooker switch to the hob and from the hob direct to the cooker or must i have a seperate cable for each of them from the cooker switch. :?:
The other question is would a 32A fuse be sufficient. :?:
Any replies would be very much appreciated.
Mick.

Sponsored Links
We recently bought a house, and a friend gave us her old oven, the build in type, no hob. I fitted the oven into a housing and hooked it up to the existing cooker point. Then my fiance went out and bought a hob from the sale and gave it to me to fit. I got an old base unit and cut a hole in the top, I found some old cooker wire in the loft and connected it to the hob. Then I ran the cable to the cooker point that the oven is connected to, 'Oh, BL**P!' I said, 'what?' says the missus, the connector in the cooker power point wouldn't take two wires! so now I have to run another cooker point from the consumer unit! luckily we have a spare MCB slot! but it aint in yet!
sorry I can't answer your question, i just thought I'd let you know what I couldn't do!
:oops:

Mick J, tempting isnt it, but the answer is no because you can not isolate them independantly as they are two separate appliances, if you search the forums you will see this question has already been asked

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Breezer, i have browsed the rest of the forum and have decided to run them both seperately with 2 x 6mm cables from 2 x 32A fuses at the CU.
Mick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back