Seperating my house into 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am currently splitting part of my house into a separate dwelling. I am guessing I will need to have all the electrics signed off for the part that will become the new dwelling. Does anyone know if I will need to do the same for the existing part of the house that I am going to be staying in? All the electrics are already done and I would obviously not really want to start having to redo all of these.

Thanks

Davy

Sponsored Links
Is the new part going to be a complete new dwelling with its own supply, or are you going to rent it out with the main supply being the existing one?

The new dwelling is going to have a complete new supply.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know if I will need to do the same for the existing part of the house that I am going to be staying in?
Major surgery like that should have a full Electrical Installation Certificate done as the existing circuits will have changed significantly. Whether any of the work would be notifiable to Building Control is less certain.

But set against the costs of putting in a new electricity supply, new water supply, separate heating systems etc, the work on your part will be trivial.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back