Services to island

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What ducting/pipework do I need to lay in the 100mm concrete slab to get electric, gas & water to a kitchen island in the future?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
1. Gas will need to be in copper tube wrapped to prevent corrosion ('Denso' tape) - the tube you lay in the screed will be the tube carrying the gas supply not a duct.
2. Water likewise - it's possible to put a duct in a later pull plastic supply pipework through but you will need long radius bends to prevent kinking as it rises up.
3. Electricity - solvent weld 32/40 mm pipe with 92.5°/87.5° bends will be OK.

Have you allowed for waste pipework?

I'd make sure that however you choose to run the services, the trades who will make the connections are happy with the arrangements before you pour the slab.

Gas man may not be happy to connect up pipework he has not installed, I would advise you choose a Gas Safe plumber to do the first fix on the gas pipework at least, then he should be happy to connect it up at a later date.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back