Servicing garden tools and mower leaking petrol

I'm afraid just cleaning the carb exterior and the venturi- revealed with the black cover off- won't make any difference.
Ideally the carb needs to stripped.
John :)

Sponsored Links
This doesn't have the carb that the book says is non adjustable meaning user adjustable but can be done with a 4mm thin wall socket is it?

Sponsored Links
Its curious.....some Stihl carbs, which are invariably Zama, have 2 screws, some only one and some none- so its largely the luck of the draw. There's one with a left hand thread too.
Adjustment wise, they can be conventional, hexagon, or D.....it pays to have all the kosher screwdrivers!

I just had the pacman,D’s and splined ones so had to turn a socket down for Zama, I say socket but it took 3 goes before I got one concentric enough not to break out on a point...:(

With great care, a can of aerosol carb cleaner (with spout) you can......compressed air is useful but not essential.
Id like a pic of the carb though from each face if you can, starting with a shot with the black piece off.
A diaphragm and gasket set will be needed in case of splitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back