Servis M3115S Pressure Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any Servis engineers out there?

My daughter has a Servis M3115S washing machine and about a year ago ago it was not taking in enough water. It seemed like it was a problem with the pressure switch as the inlet valve opened up when I put a mains testing screwdriver against the live teminal and applied a little pressure to the terminal. When I took the pressure off the inlet valve would immediateley shut off.

I ordered a new pressure switch and fitted it and the problem was fixed. :D

She has had recently had problems with poor washing performance (clothes still dirty) so I had a look today and noticed that the water level seemed pretty low during wash and rinse. I took the air pipe off the switch and blew down it to ensure there was no cr*p in the pipe and it seemed to be clear.

My question is: should the water level on wash and rinse be the same and should it reach up to the porthole on the door?

I think that the switch I fitted a year ago could be playing up (or have been supplied wrongly). I can't remember where I got it from. I have looked on Jeeves for spares and most of the cos listed do not show the 3115S model. I suspect it may be because special model numbers are created for different retailers and the machines are identical to other model numbers.

Am I correct in thinking that the only mechanism for controlling the water level is the pressure valve or is there another component that could affect it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back