servis washing machine motor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hmmm...drum spins fine when it has some momemtum, but when idleing it finds it difficult to do a whole revolution....when unloaded is fine...so, I took out the motor to check brushes etc, only to find it is completely sealed..?? How or even can, you change /check the brushes on these motors...Mr Thickie here has put it back in, without taking any serial numbers/model type, but the machine is a cheap Servis Automatic 1000 ... I tightened the belt, but that made no difference...

Also, what if any, damage will having the incoming HOT water feed turned OFF, to this or any machine..I didnt think it mattered much, but I have been told that it should be turned on..?? :?: ..surely having the cold feed only is fine, if you dont mind the cost of electrically heating the water each time..

Any help appreciated...

Cheers, Mark :cool:

Sponsored Links
some appliances have throw away parts, perhaps yours is one of them?

as for the hot water most machines use hot water to take in the soap powder at the first fill.

sorry to be vague, but i am (was) a hotpoint man not servis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back