Servowarm Supreme Magnetic Safety Valve.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am struggling to get my central heating system to last....just one more year or two!!..... greedy really as the system was installed in 1974!! Apart from replacing two water pumps and the odd boiler gasket, she's behaved like a good 'un. Problem is I now need a replacement magnetic valve which is proving difficult to locate, ( obsolete etc), any suggestions or remedies would be appreciated. The valve was manufactured by a firm called B.Black from Wiltshire and has a type serial No. 0455/HW. The valve shuts the gas supply to the main jet when the system closes down and/or when an electrical failure occurs. Anybody got one of these valves?

Sponsored Links
Soggy is right

I still have contacts in servowarm and they have not got any left at all. Sorry

get rid of the ugly beast

I still have contacts in servowarm

CM...are you clued up on the new servowarm condensing combi type thingys.

Saw one last week with an extra 15mm connection (they call it a feed and drain pipe)

The fella said that they had taken out the tanks in the loft when they had it fit....however the gauge was at zero and he did not have a clue about a filling loop.

I ran away :LOL:

Do you know what that extra pipe is meant to be.[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies, I was hoping that someone might have the valve needed "squirreled " away somewhere, however, it looks like I shall have to replace the boiler..........bugger! Any suggestions for a good reliable boiler that will serve an open vent system, heating only (not linked to hot water tank), 9 rads I reckon about 50,000 btu's? I've seen a boiler in B&Q, heating only Ravensheat HE Primary (82,000 btu's) and a local supplier reccomends a Remeha avanta 18v (18kw). Both would give ample output but would be interested in views on these boilers and any reccomends? :(

scatmanjohn said:
I still have contacts in servowarm

CM...are you clued up on the new servowarm condensing combi type thingys.

Saw one last week with an extra 15mm connection (they call it a feed and drain pipe)

The fella said that they had taken out the tanks in the loft when they had it fit....however the gauge was at zero and he did not have a clue about a filling loop.

I ran away :LOL:

Do you know what that extra pipe is meant to be.
[/quote]

What model was it matey, they are all Maverns nowadays

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back