Setting a Diverter Valve - Worcester HeatSlave 25/32 (Oil)?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Worcester GreenStar HeatSlave 25/32 Oil Combi Boiler

Just switched on our heating for the first time in eight months and... The boiler isn't responding to the wireless room stat. Hot water is fine so we're OK for oil and the boiler itself seems happy enough.... Sounding like a sticky / faulty diverter valve?

I can hear the relay in the room stat receiver at the boiler clicking, in response to on/off from the remote wall mounted control unit, but the boiler itself never fires up to deliver heat.

Assuming it is related to the diverter valve (?) is there a way I can manually switch the boiler to "heating mode" in order to warm the house up? I've called our friendly local engineer but he can't make it for a few days.

The valve itself seems straightforward to find - it's right at the front and has a small switch labelled "A" and "B". Currently it's set to "A".

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back