Heatslave (Oil) 20/25 Diverter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Worcester Bosch Heatslave 20/25 (Oil) boilere and the diverter valve seems to be sticking (or passing) quite often.
When selecting water only on the programmer the radiators heat up as well as the domestic water - bit of a pain in the summer months.
I feel that the valve could possibly be cleaned out but not sure, so I plan to get a new valve just in case.
Can anyone tell be what valve options there are ?
It is a 3 port valve (no mid position) with an internal switch.
The only one I can find (Google) is the Honeywell V4044F.

Any advice appreciated.

Bernard

Sponsored Links
You should replace it with the same type you have at the moment if in doubt.

I am assuming this is a combi boiler with the valve fitted internally! It will NOT be a mid position valve and just a two position three port valve.

Whilst the mid pos can be fiddled to do the job its better to fit the correct one supplied as a spare part for the boiler.

However, if its really sticking then you only need the brass valve part and not the actuator.

Tony

The valve, as you said, is a 3 port (no mid position) valve.
Motorised in one direction and spring return I think.
There is also a switch (micro ?) built into the valve that is used in the boiler circuitry.
What I am trying to find out is whether someone like Drayton or Danfoss make an equivalent to the Honeywell fitted.
Not sre what the Honeywell valve type is - the only one I can see is the V4044F but that is 3/4" female ends and not 22mm compression.

Bernard

Since Honeywell is the industry standard I dont really see any advantage in looking for another lesser make.

The valve used in your boiler is available as a spare part for you boiler from Parts Centre or MJT Controls etc.

Almost certainly the brass body only will be interchangeable from a mid pos valve!

Tony

Sponsored Links
The first thing to do is to take the head off, after just about dismantling the boiler to get at it. Then gently wiggle the spindle with a spanner. There is not much movement, but there should not be any sticking. If there is, give a light squirt of WD40, then gently wiggle it until it is free. If it doesn't leak at the end of this, you've won.

Thanks for all your replies.
One thing though, when OILMAN said "Almost certainly the brass body only will be interchangeable from a mid pos valve! " did you mean that the mid position and the two position 3 port valve bodies are the same and just the actuator mechanism that differs ? :?:

Will wait for the rainy season to end and then give it a whirl. :p :p

Thanks all

Bernard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back