Setting Flow Temp on System

I was actually refering to the bottom system stat.

My fault in descricibing what I was thinking really, but I like my systems to be set to run at 60c for a combi and 65c for this type of set up.

But I agree, if your rads are old and 'undersized' by todays standards then you will need to up the temp to get a comfortable room temp, in which case as long as it is above 65 everything will be ok.

Sponsored Links
Thanks once again.

The rads are less than a year old, so I guess I have concluded:

Leave the top HW temp as this is controlled by the temp setting on the uniSTOR and use the rad bottom temp button in accordance with seasons and in the book or basically how hot I need them.

Thank you both for all your help!

It sounds as if you have the system working as efficiently as reasonably possible.

However I note you have a 37 kW boiler which seems a very high power.

That would be suitable for heating a seven bedroom detached house. Is yours really a very large house or has some installer managed to persuade you to have a larger boiler than you need?

Tony

Hi,

House is 4 bed semi with two bathrooms, each with shower, one with a bath and a toliet downstairs.

We do have times when both showers are on and washing is being done, but more like one shower and another appliance eg washing machine.... at the same time is more common.

Could this be a reason (although it has been very cold) why the bills would be high?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It seems seriously over sized to me, I would have expected an 18 or 24 kW would have been required but to decide a whole house heat loss calculation would be needed.

The gas bill should normally be about £800-£1400 pa but so much depends of the hours of heating, wall construction and loft insulation.

Water heating is only usually about 10% of the total bill unless you have a football team living with you.

Tony

The last 37Kw Vaillant I fitted was in a grade 2 listed house with 25 radiators, 260 litre HW cylinder and very little insulation.

Even this only actually worked out to be about 34 Kw needed.

This property was then featured on escape to the country strangely. (an agile anecdote :LOL: )

I fitted a 24 kW boiler in a six bedroom detached house with about five bathrooms and a 300 litre unvented cylinder with a family of four.

That was adequate!

I cannot think of anything Agile to say about it though!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back