Setting up a replacement Yale control panel.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

This weekend i need to replace a Yale HSA 6400 control panel that has gone faulty.

All the devices are installed and the siren is up near the eaves of the house.

Can someone give me advice on setting this up please.

I did set it up about 3 years ago but that was a new/1st time install but i am not sure what i need to do now as the siren is up on the wall and was linked to the old panel. Will i need to get to it to adjust anything as i don't want to be up there an the siren goes off.

Thank you for any help on setting up this replacement panel.

Sponsored Links
You will have to get at the siren. IMO it is easier to bring the siren indoors to link it. You can change the batteries at the same time. If you used round-headed screws (preferably stainless) you can slacken them and it will lift off the keyhole-shaped holes at the top, I think you will need to remove the lower screws.

During set-up and test, I like to have the siren wrapped in cushions, in a cupboard. It is less stressful than working on top of a ladder.

You might consider fitting the siren where you can get at it from an upstairs window, and it is visible from the road, but out of reach.

You will have to get at the siren. IMO it is easier to bring the siren indoors to link it. You can change the batteries at the same time. If you used round-headed screws (preferably stainless) you can slacken them and it will lift off the keyhole-shaped holes at the top, I think you will need to remove the lower screws.

During set-up and test, I like to have the siren wrapped in cushions, in a cupboard. It is less stressful than working on top of a ladder.

You might consider fitting the siren where you can get at it from an upstairs window, and it is visible from the road, but out of reach.

Thank you for your reply.

I thought i would have to access the siren.

We put the siren where it is because that was the only place that we could get a ladder to it without endangering me or causing damage to his property or next doors.

I will have to get him to borrow a ladder for the weekend.

Sponsored Links
what's gone wrong with the panel?

The panel went off during the night and the buttons were not responding and when they did it was like it was in slow motion. Even the menu buttons and the tick button did not work and after disconnecting it for an hour it asked for a pin but came back as incorrect pin and speaking to Yale and trying to go through different options they said the panel was knackered.

My dad said as it was over 2 years Yale would not sen a replacement but he could have 1 for £135 i think but he got 1 for just over £105 so that will do.

try to turn off the "tamper" setting, as you would do if changing the batteries.

if it works, this will prevent the siren hooting when you move it.

The tamper resets after (IIRC) 30 minutes, so do it while you are getting the ladder and screwdrivers out.

But from what you say this will probably not be possible.

Hello.

An update on the thread.

I got it all set up this morning and i left the siren in place when i did the setting up.

I got some foam ear plugs from a mate who works in a factory and when the siren went off i could barely hear it but the people in the street did.

The only issue was a door contact that had come off when my dad was taking some rubbish out and refitted the contact with sticky pads and never thoufgt anymore about it.

After the set up we went to try the alarm and the DC tamper kept going off and after 45 mins of trying to find the fault itturned out that when the DC got knocked off and hit the floor the tiny spring came apart and was lost so was setting off the tamper alarm. He had a spare DC so we used that and all is good now.

Thanks for all the advice given.

that's good

btw if you have a contact that gets knocked off, you may be able to fit it on the top of the frame, next to the opening edge. Out of the way there. Tiny screws are more secure than the pads.

You could try emailing the Yale helpdesk and asking for a replacement spring. I have an idea that I lost some little screws or something and they sent me a few in an envelope. Probably lots of people lose small parts during unpacking and setup.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back