setting up new answering machine with existing handsets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am thinking of buying a new answering machine but want to keep my 2 existing handsets. All would be/are Panasonic.

The answering machine I'm looking at is the KX-TG6821EB and it says it is DECT (I don't actually know what that means!).

My question is: can I connect/tune/code this new answering machine to the existing Panasonic cordless handsets? (my old phone/fax machine which is the current 'base' station' is on its last gasp and desperately needs replacing!)

Thanks, in advance!

Sponsored Links
How can anybody say if the original handsets can be used with the new answering machine as the only person who knows what model they are is you!!

DECT just means Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications as opposed to the older analogue cordless phones.

If you want phones of different brands / ranges to interwork then they need to be GAP compatible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_access_profile

However that allows for basic call set up only, not necessarily for controlling the answering machine from handsets.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back