Shamima was smuggled in by WESTERN inteligence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You put forward scientists output In the belief anybody who questions should be open to ridicule because they are the higher authority.
That's not a healthy view to hold if your open to different views I'd have thought.

Sponsored Links
You put forward scientists output In the belief anybody who questions should be open to ridicule because they are the higher authority.
Not at all. It's about research and provable conclusions. People are of course free to believe what they want, but they can't explain why they believe what they do.

I'm up for a discussion, but just saying things doesn't cut it.

So dismissive, is their no recognition on your part that people can't call on Google search to give credence to their views because of their censorship policy?
To not recognize that will open yourself open to what dork lard proposes, in that your peers lose a degree of respect for your thoughts and opinions.

Sponsored Links
About foreigners usually.
The main concerns of far-right politics has always been invariably against foreigners.

Following on from Denso13's claim, here's some supporting evidence:
Far-right politics in the United Kingdom have existed since at least the 1930s, with the formation of Nazi, fascist and anti-semitic movements. It went on to acquire more explicitly racial connotations, being dominated in the 1960s and 1970s by self-proclaimed white nationalist organisations that opposed non-white and Asian immigration, such as the National Front (NF), the British Movement (BM) and British National Party (BNP), or the British Union of Fascists (BUF). Since the 1980s, the term has mainly been used to describe those groups, such as the English Defence League, who express the wish to preserve what they perceive to be British culture, and those who campaign against the presence of non-indigenous ethnic minorities and what they perceive to be an excessive number of asylum seekers.

And still today, the Tory government put a lot of effort into stirring up hatred against asylum seekers, and by default, all foreigners.
All heartily supported and driven by right-wing media.

I don't think the government are driving hatred. I think there are some fairly bonkers views about people illegally entering the UK all round. Public opinion seems to support making us a less attractive destination and the crossing harder.

... Public opinion seems to support making us a less attractive destination and the crossing harder.

The rate of inflation, food prices and costs of energy will certainly do all that.

I think the phrase charity begins at home - while over simplified is one many aspire to. Seeing public services clogged up with immigrants tends to fuel bad feeling as does increasing taxes to cope. If we were seeing a civil war in France, I would fully expect the UK to take a large chunk of claimants. But I personally don't have much sympathy for people who are playing the system and even those who travel thousands of miles through safe countries for a better life in the UK

I don't think the government are driving hatred. I think there are some fairly bonkers views about people illegally entering the UK all round. Public opinion seems to support making us a less attractive destination and the crossing harder.

Driving exasperation WITH the government, I'd say. What's going on at the beach in Kent is bonkers. Australia dealt with their problem, as did Poland, but we aren't doing anything, and the people are offered no legal route to apply to come here.

The main concerns of far-right politics has always been invariably against foreigners.

And still today, the Tory government put a lot of effort into stirring up hatred against asylum seekers, and by default, all foreigners.
All heartily supported and driven by right-wing media.

I don't think the government are driving hatred. ... Public opinion seems to support making us a less attractive destination and the crossing harder.

Driving exasperation WITH the government, I'd say.
Motorbiking's link does not address the issue which he thinks it addresses.
The government and the right-wing media are driving and encouraging hatred against foreigners by the demonising of asylum seekers.
The link provided merely illustrates the publics discontent of the government's handling of the situation. it does not show the public's, nor the government's hysteria about the reality of the situation.

The later charts does show some of that government propaganda having some effect on the public, e.g. it's the fault of the French, turn the boats back, etc.

I think the phrase charity begins at home - while over simplified is one many aspire to. Seeing public services clogged up with immigrants tends to fuel bad feeling as does increasing taxes to cope. If we were seeing a civil war in France, I would fully expect the UK to take a large chunk of claimants. But I personally don't have much sympathy for people who are playing the system and even those who travel thousands of miles through safe countries for a better life in the UK
how long has this government been sorting the immigration issue?

a simple effective managed solution should have been in use by now. Maybe they don't actually want to really sort it, as long as it makes people think immigrants are the cause of all of our issues.

it used to be the EU but the focus has changed now.

how long has this government been sorting the immigration issue?

a simple effective managed solution should have been in use by now. Maybe they don't actually want to really sort it, as long as it makes people think immigrants are the cause of all of our issues.

it used to be the EU but the focus has changed now.
Yes, it's immigrants and France.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back