Shanty being built next to my property without planning permission? (with photos)

I don't think flammable materials are allowed that close to the boundary under building regulations - but if you complain you'll be back to the bare blockwork.

Sponsored Links
I received an email from Planning Enforcement informing me that they will contact the property owners within the next 10 days. This is after I received an email telling me how busy they were and that they were restricting site visits due to Covid. I then threatened them with starting the Councils complaints procedure, which will allow me to go to the Local Government Ombudsman, which might have focused a few minds.

I am taking the view that as it is already under construction and maybe finished before Planning Enforcement turn up a retrospective planning application will be put in at the suggestion of Planning Enforcement and that it will be eventually granted. I feel that the application will be treated differently than if the work hadn't started.

As the home owner is on the defensive at the moment she has now had the building clad in decking. I am thinking it is better to get it clad now than look at a bigger eyesore for maybe years.

AlkZ0sk.jpg
fancy cladding it in decking boards

they couldve used featheredge which wouldve been cheaper

Substantially non combustible buildings adjacent bordering properties spring to mind but what the exact requirement of that would need to be investigated further.

Sponsored Links
That’s what I am thinking. Where I live many town centre properties have illegal accommodation at the bottom of the garden. The owners of this house don’t have English as their first language so I have my suspicions.
So because English isn't their first language you automatically have suspicions.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back