Shared guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a semi-detached property that has a shared rainwater downpipe which takes both mine and neighbours rain water from the front of the house and runs a waste pipe across my drive and pours rainwater across the pavement into the road. (All houses in my road have this). I want to do away with this ugly pipe and run rainwater from my house straight into drain or soakaway. Do I have to resolve the neighbours rainwater or is this down to them to sort out if I deiced I no longer want this pipe in my drive ?? Any help would be much appreciated....

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I have a semi-detached property that has a shared rainwater downpipe which takes both mine and neighbours rain water from the front of the house and runs a waste pipe across my drive and pours rainwater across the pavement into the road. (All houses in my road have this). I want to do away with this ugly pipe and run rainwater from my house straight into drain or soakaway. Do I have to resolve the neighbours rainwater or is this down to them to sort out if I deiced I no longer want this pipe in my drive ?? Any help would be much appreciated....
Is it in Essex?

Sponsored Links
What is the arrangement on the other houses in your street?

The drain pipe serves
two houses but the drain pipe is on your property ?

Does it fall into a drain or to a shoe onto the ground?

Other houses in the street are putting up with the ugly pipe across their front garden which is what I want to remove.

The guttering and pipe serves both houses and the water is carried across my drive and out onto the pavement (weird I know)

Other houses in the street are putting up with the ugly pipe across their front garden which is what I want to remove.

The guttering and pipe serves both houses and the water is carried across my drive and out onto the pavement (weird I know)
Send some pictures. Then maybe we can give alternatives

Sponsored Links
Back