Shared Water Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my terrace, we share the main water supply with 2 other houses. The main pipe comes thru the house to the kitchen then feeds out to the neighbours. However,I know the shared pipe is rotten (as we had to fix a leak) and then ever since the neighbouring landlord put in central heating, we've had a worsening problem with whining noises thru the connecting pipe.
Do you know if I can make the water board give our neighbours their own supply so we're not responsible for fixing future leaks on the rusty connecting pipe, and also what the whining noise might be? It's a high pitched whine that continues for a couple of hours.

Sponsored Links
I once met some one who converted his house into 2 flats, so he had another boiler and shower put in, when the new shower was on if he flushed his toilet the shower stopped (lack of water) he got the water board in to put in a separate water supply, because it was on "his side" of the main stop cock he had to pay the bill.

Perhaps if you pointed out "how good it would be" to the other people to have their own supply perhaps they will pay

Hi Guest

please read forum rules 17 & 20

The post you replied to is 3 years old most users never had a user name then, so almost everyone was called "guest" which was very confusing :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back