shaver distance from basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How far away from a washbasin does a shaver socket have to be, qualified sparky has done 1st fix for me but I want to alter the layout.

Sponsored Links
It must be in zone 2 or outwards.

Imagine a wall being formed by the edge of your bath and shower tray, rising to the ceiling (well 2.25m anyway). Keep outside this wall, and all is good! I hope your sparky has installed some supp bonding?!?

Lectrician said:
It must be in zone 2 or outwards.

Imagine a wall being formed by the edge of your bath and shower tray, rising to the ceiling (well 2.25m anyway). Keep outside this wall, and all is good! I hope your sparky has installed some supp bonding?!?

Are you saying that it can be next to the basin, as long as it is away from the bath and shower

Sponsored Links
Lectrician said:
Are you saying that it can be next to the basin, as long as it is away from the bath and shower

These shaver units are designed for bathrooms and therefore have IP protection to a certain degree,You can where reasonably practical place the unit near the basin, but in a location where it will not be splashed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back