Shed base help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping someone can advise me on my shed. I inherited a largish shed when I bought the house 5 years ago. Internally the shed is sound.

However, I have a problem with the roof, it is felt based and one part of the felt as worn away. I have put a waterproof spray over this together with a patch (supplied with the spray) but it hasn't worked. I would say the area is about 8" in diameter. Has anyone got any suggestions apart from a complete new roof?

The shed base is resting on granite just around the outside base periodically, ie raised on a couple of stones on each corner and then a couple more stones in the middle. It is raised off the ground by about 6 inches. How could I sort this out, without having to dismantle the shed? The floor inside is sound but I do feel when walking on it, I feel like I could possibly end up putting my foot through.

Any suggestions on both would be greatfully received as I'm unable to afford a new shed. I would say the shed is approx 5' by 8'.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably best to refelt the complete roof, I think - you can buy cold trowelling mastic/adhesive if you don't want to use the hot stuff.
As for removing the bricks, get the help of a couple of strong helpers, push a couple of long strong battens underneath and lift the shed enough for the bricks to be knocked out - one end first, followed by the other.
So long as the shed is empty and in reasonable nick it will creak a bit but no real harm will be done.
John :)

We had to refit the felt to our shed roof at the begginning of this summer and simply nailed the felt to the roof. My shed has an apex roof and we overlapped the flept so that no water could get under it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back