Shed base - Pavers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all..

I've searched and can't find a definite answer..

I have a row of slabs at the bottom of the garden going left to right so 600mm across

I'm going to dig out infront of them and put more slabs down to add a shed..

What do I need to put under the pavers? MOT? Then sharp sand and cement mix? What depths?

Thanks everyone !

Sponsored Links
The shed I've just got for my allotment was laid on paving stones with no more than a 2"-3" bed of dry sharp sand and cement mixture. I think I used three quarters of a bag of cement to 8 bags of sand.

DA6DA3D3-5C4D-4617-ACDF-2BF245638F81.jpeg

The shed I have in my garden was laid on patio stones with just a 3" bed of soft sand underneath and it's been fine since being put there about 6/7 years ago.

B33DCD3F-8046-4E6B-BE4E-D805A5DF0B31.jpeg

Last edited:
The shed I've just got for my allotment was laid on paving stones with no more than a 2"-3" bed of dry sharp sand and cement mixture. I think I used 3/4 of a bag of cement to 8 bags of sand.

View attachment 262073

The shed I have in my garden was laid on patio stones with just a 3" bed of soft sand underneath and it's been fine since being put there about 6/7 years ago.

View attachment 262074

Thanks Mottie..

Think I'll dig down past the level of the current slabs 3 inches and add sharp sand and cement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back