Shed Floor Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Knocking up a base for a 12 x 8 shed. I have dug out the soil etc, next will be hardcore that I have plenty of, membrane followed by concrete to finish. I was at this point I tarting thinking do I really need a timber floor? a per traditional shed build. The base is a 100mm wider than the size of the shed will I get water ingress around near the sides at the base of the shed. I was planing on using DPC under the sole plate of the side walls . Any adive on this would be helpful

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You could slope the edges of the concrete which would also drain the run off from the roof.

Or place bearers under the shed for additional protection (i used decking), although that raises the height.

I would put a floor in, in any event.

Blup

Last edited:
It can be cold on your feet standing on concrete for prolonged periods. A wood floor will also help reduce damp penetration and condensation.

Sponsored Links
The base should really be the size of the shed frame so the cladding overhangs the edge of the concrete and water just drips off the claddibg and onto the soil.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back