Shed for outside break tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have acquired a wooden tongue and groove bike shed for the purpose of housing a cold water break tank and pump. The tank will be insulated (as per WRAS req) requirements but I also plan to insulate the shed. Reading the various insulated shed threads I was planning celotex on the walls and roof, a waterproof membrane, then the insulation used on underfloor heating ,then ply for the floor.

That sound OK. There'll never be any people in it, just a big (500L) tank of cold water and a pump. Does it in fact need insulating at all (it will be against an east facing wall and a south facing fence)? I'm looking to keep it cool as much as guard against freezing.

Anything else I should look out for?

Cheers

GF

Sponsored Links
Insulation will only retain whatever heat in in there to start with, for a period of time. I would be looking at putting in some kind of frost protection, if the pump freezes and cracks, it could prove expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back