Shed roof felt adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just refelted my sister's apex shed roof. On one side of it most of the felt had been missing for a while so the wood had deteriorated. The roof needed 3 pieces, one for each side of it and a piece for the apex, which overlapped the other two. I used Black Jack felt roof adhesive. The felt was green, so when I brushed the black adhesive onto the wood at the apex and onto the two pieces of felt where they would be overlapped by the third piece I was careful not to go right to the edges where the apex felt ended because the adhesive was quite runny so I was trying to avoid a black line along the roof where the felts overlapped. I finished off by fixing the joints with clout nails.

Unfortunately, on the side where the wood had deteriorated the roof had sagged a bit, and now where the felts overlap, the edges haven't quite stuck down. Could anyone please recommend a clear adhesive, which I could use to stick these down.

I'm hoping that the black jack has adhered further up, away from the overlap joints and that therefore the roof will be protected from driving rain but I'd be happier if I could find something to stick the overlaps down at the edges. Thank you.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back