Shed roof felt - I was a numpty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Hope everyone is well and nearly ready for Christmas!

Yesterday I took delivery of one of my presents - a shed! All excited and wanting to get it up whilst we had a day of dry (first one in two weeks) I battled the wind and put it up.

However in my rush I tacked the roof felt to the top before tacking it to the edges (I tacked it to the top to hold it down in the wind, then my brother phoned me, I was chatting to him whilst on the rood and just kept going!!!). So now I have a row of nails all along the top going through the top layer of felt!

I'm not too sure how to seal it, I was thinking maybe some of that fibre roof repair paste painted in a neat line. The other option I guess is to buy a new roll of felt, rip it up and start again or just go over the top of it, but then begins my second problem!

I built it in place! it only has a 2" gap between the house and garage, so yeh, good luck to me moving it on my tod to get to the edges again.

Not really sure what to do atm. I guess when I can get some more muscle I could wedge it up with a shovel and stick a bar underneath and try to roll it away from the wall, or I could just paint the top. IDK. What would you guys do?

Thanks1

Sponsored Links
Doesn’t the felt seal itself around the nails? Or could you glue on a felt ridge?

A roll of felt is £20
It will be ok for a while but will leak a bit

Just buy another roll and sit on the roof to fit the edges

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, well I moved the shed out, I used a shovel to lever it up, then put some metal bars underneath to act as rollers.

I'll have a think, it rained last night and is dry inside but I think it's best to redo or seal it somehow.

Cheers,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back