Shed Studs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to insulate with Foam Xtratherm and MDF panels but I want to leave part of the studs in the shed revealed as i like the look of them, is this okay or will the cold seep through the studs into the room or heat go other way?

Sponsored Links
much easier to Finnish flat and add fake strips as easier to change
otherwise you need a batten either edge to fix to
avoid mdf use osb or ply

Thanks Big - all .
I think you are right, only issue is the foam board i bought already is only 25m so there will be big gap between it and the osb, I bought the thinner option to allow me to do my initial plan.
Pete

you need outside cladding 'breathable membrane' airgap 16-25mm 'insulation then internal cladding

Sponsored Links
So the shed wall, a 20 mm gap, then the xtratherm 25mm foil backed foam, then the osb , Can there be a gap between the xtratherm and the osb?

just put a bigger gap at the outside, a gap inside may attract moisture
usually the outside gap is a compromise, too small will restrict airflow to big you loose insulation value

Thanks a million, or maybe i should replace the 25mm foam boards for thicker ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back