Shed walls starting to crack vertically

Sponsored Links
Have you actually gone around with a long level to check that these walls are out of plumb?

Lateral (sideways) thrust from a roof tends to show as horizontal cracks not vertical. The bond of the wall prevents vertical cracks, and for 6" concrete blocks to crack vertically is very unusual for anything except foundation movement

BTW, if you are installing tie joists at that length, they will need one or two binders and maybe timber hangers dropped from the rafters

I've ordered another 2 50x100m for 2 binders. How is it best to fix them to the tie joists?

Edit : will use some joist hangers to fix rafter ties to binder.

Also fix some vertical struts linking the centre of the collar up to the ridge plus mebbe a binder along the centre.

Sponsored Links
Also fix some vertical struts linking the centre of the collar up to the ridge plus mebbe a binder along the centre.

Thanks

I've already ordered enough to add 2 binders, but may only put in 1, but then add the verticals from ridge to binder.

Once it's light, I'll crack on again. Had to leave the wood to dry in my garage overnight with fans running as most was still wet.

Will update this evening on how far I've got

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back