Sheddy questions

Cheaper to buy a 2nd hand caravan :!: :idea: kitchen, bed, water, cupboards, toilet, TV aerial, what more do you want :LOL:

Sponsored Links
It looks really great. Where did you get it from??? Reminds me of the cabin in the boat in Jaws- I always loved that film.

I like your wood store. How deep are the wall studs??? They don't look too stingy to me, I'd say good buy for £1000.

Would moisture resistant chipboard covered in roofing felt be wheather proof and durable for a floor??

tigerdraws said:
It looks really great. Where did you get it from??? Reminds me of the cabin in the boat in Jaws- I always loved that film.

I like your wood store. How deep are the wall studs??? They don't look too stingy to me, I'd say good buy for £1000.

Would moisture resistant chipboard covered in roofing felt be wheather proof and durable for a floor??

I believe BA bought in in kit form from his local timber merchant. Instructions not included ;)

The wall studs will be 3x2 or 4x2 (in inches) timber, cost about a quid per metre.

You can buy chipboard flooring panels from B&Q for about a fiver, about £35 worth will cover a floor the same size as BA's. Or plywood (better) will cost about £80
A floor shouldn't need to be weatherproof, unless you mean laying the felt on the ground with the chipboard on top, in which case no. The ideal base would be 4" concrete, or concrete/brick pillars supporting the timber frame.

deluks is spot on :D :D :D ;)

i planned the shed around the space avalable shiplap size and 8x4"sheets to minimise waist

9 sheets of 18mm exterior ply do both the floor and the roof

all the structural timbers are 3x2" [only treated for the floor joists ]
the spacings are 2ft centres for floor and walls
and any where between 2 and 4ft spacing for the roof

if you can join screwfix and look for me on carpenrty i can give you the thread that discusses all facets

http://www.screwfix.com/talk/index.jspa

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back