Shelf support - which way round?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok stupid question time
I want to put a shelf up with the cheap white metal angle shelf supports...

Just realised that the arms of the supports are different lengths - one support one arm is 6inch long and the other arm is 5 inch ...

So do you fix the longer arm to the shelf or the wall? Does it matter?

(I have already put a bigger shelf up with the longer arms into the wall -thought the shelf now seemed a bit wide for the bracket! - I thought they were the same length so lucky they are the same way cos it could have been a mixture! :eek: )

Sponsored Links
long arm on the wall with the shelve 20 to 35% bigger than the bracket dependent on material and load

Thanks! Small shelf will be fine but the bigger one I think I might have to make a bit narrower....
Held the bracket to it and it looked right (must have been the longer arm...) but now it doesn't look quite right ;)

Sponsored Links
whats going on the shelves how far apart are the brackets and what material are the shelves made from

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back