wooden shelf brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put up a 600mm x 400mm x 16mm pine shelf. The shelf will support my DVD player, sat receiver, surround sound amp etc. I am planning to stain it the same colour as my wood floor, skirting, doors etc. I am guessing i would need 3 brackets, L shaped ideally to match some other brackets i have on another shelf. I think the length and width needs to be 300mm. The brackets will be fixed into solid brick

The problem is i cant seem to find anywhere that will sell pine brackets big enough. Does anyone know of somewhere that will sells these bracket at a affordable cost that is either near Hemel Hempstead (near Watford) or can deliver by post

Sponsored Links
build it as a box with the inner box the size to allow the smaller unit enough clearance for ventilation
i would go for 200-250mm high for the sides to reduce leverage then all you need is a baton under the top edge full length [21x44 mm] and a fixing screw every 80-120mm

I am lost as to what you mean big-all. What do you mean build it as a box? Any chance of a diagram or an example.

Sponsored Links
I am lost as to what you mean big-all. What do you mean build it as a box? Any chance of a diagram or an example.

imagine a shoe box without a base on the wall or 2 shelves with wooden ends connecting them together

Thanks for all your help, ilike the bracket in foxholes link, and have also found a basic but much cheaper bracket from IKEA. Just got to decide which one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back