Shift F key not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

Hope you can advise me if this is a solvable problem or if the key board is bust - it's only a month or so old.

When I want to type a capital f, I usually do it by holding the shift and f keys at the same time. However, when I do this I get nothing - not even a blank space. Instead I have to do caps lock then f.

None of the other letters have this problem

Thanks

SB

Sponsored Links
Thanks for quick reply. The keyboard is a remote, so I just tried the laptop key board and that is fine. So I'm reckoning that my new keyboard needs to go back!

Cheers

SB

Try the keyboard plugged into the laptop or another computer and confirm that it is misbehaving. If so return it!

dave

Sponsored Links
Hmmm. good suggestion Dave. I just tried it on my husbands laptop and it works fine. Not sure why this is? Should I still return it or is there something I can do to fix the problem?

OK more to report.

I think it might be to do with the usb hub as I just tried it in another usb port on my laptop and it's fine. Odd though that it doesn't work in the usb port that I plug the hub into, although my other devices do??? Baffling?? Maybe I'll hold of returning it and see how it does

SB

Hmm, its definitely not the keyboard. And now its not recognising Shift f in any usb port.

Is this a problem with the ports? All my other items work fine in them and why only is the f affected??? If I j=use the shift key on the right is seems to work but not if I use the one on the left my (preferred one)

Any ideas??

My a key on my keyboard is completely shot.

Any ideas how I can get my a back?

Sponsored Links
Back