Mortis lock, locks but wont give me back the key!! Help

I'ts not sarcasm, its frustration.

The cylinder that you were initially holding is the correct way up - you know that, as it came out of the door that way. If I'd asked for an upside down photo, I'd have requested one.

I've advised the cylinder is faulty a couple of posts back, and yet you are still debating this. If I hadn't come onto this thread, where would you be at the moment - still scratching around for the answer.

Good luck with finding a replacement cylinder, and I hope you've measured it correctly otherwise it will either be too long or too short for the door. BTW the DIY sheds only carry a limited range of cylinder sizes, and you are likely to pay well over the odds.

Sponsored Links
if both

a) when in the door you insert at 12 o'clock
b) it allows 1/4 turn anticlockwise only from 12 olock to hard stop and
c) as i think you said in one of your earlier posts when out of the lock is spins freely round and round - (exactly as it is meant to do)

then my suspicions would be more with the interface to the bolt mechanism that travels within the door itself.

How much experience have you had with these mechanisms and cylinders ?. Looking back at the pictures of the cylinder being held - can you not see the cam is in the wrong position ?.

plenty experience - oops just seen the photo on first page ! - it's knackered in my opinion so i agree with you !

Sponsored Links
she appears to be working on a film for a commercial.

Ah, she has paused for long enough to say: You can take the man out of Essex....

Now she's winking very hard.

DSCF4397.jpg

This is how the cylinder sits when out of the door and with the key out.

I registered to reply to this topic

The cam has slipped
You need to replace that euro cylinder in the picture, you could get someone to house sit while you go and get a replacement from a DIY shed

So you've registered to tell us something that has already been stated on a previous page. Welcome, I'm sure you'll fit in - Softus may even share some of his Kylie stories with you...

So you've registered to tell us something that has already been stated on a previous page. Welcome, I'm sure you'll fit in - Softus may even share some of his Kylie stories with you...

I was agreeing with you, just a second opinion, thats all :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back