Shileding carpet when using a stripping gun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Earlier this year, I painted the whole wood interior fittings of the house in the usual manner. sandpapering, cleaning, then gloss paint over the top using dulux gloss.
In the space of a month the Dulux paint, yellowed so much it looked terrible, so re-painted over with Crown bu still shows through.
Dulux tested the paint, then gave a crumby voucher for all the trouble their paint caused It fell far short considering all the work i'd put in.
I even had to pay to post a paint sample.

Anyway, the problem is I had carpets fitted before I realised there was a problem.
Is there any way of stripping the paint off the skirting board and adequately shielding the carpet using a gun as I'm not keen on using chemical stripper or painting over it yet again

anyone got any suggestions?

would a bricklayers trowel give adequate shielding?

Sponsored Links
no need to strip. did you used oil based paints as since the voc restrictions oil based white glosses especially dulux tend to suffer from this yellowing a lot faster than they used to?
sand down with a fine sandpaper to establish a key and try using a water based paint system as this tends not to yellow. water based undercoat and water based gloss.

Stripping wont wont help. As mentioned just recoat after keying, and possibly use a water based gloss.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back