shiny mark on laminate kitchen worktop left by pencil rubber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a laminate kitchen worktop, made by wilsonart, it’s called ebony star, I drew a line on the laminate side with a pencil and then rubbed it out with a pencil rubber and now the rubbed out area has left what I can best describe as a 'shiny mark' that stands out against the rest of the laminate worktop.

I created that mark again on a spare piece of the same worktop and I have used the following below to try and remove this ‘shiny mark’ but I have had no success, can anyone please help me with any advice?

Products I have used already: windowlene window cleaner, mr sheen polish, cif, flash, white spirit, nail varnish remover which contains acetone, wood and laminate tough wipes, dettol surface cleaner.

Sponsored Links
heeellloo doron and welcome :D :D :D :D

surprized nowt has worked so far :eek:

try somthing oil based on the offcut 3in1 or wd 40
havent a clue if it will work though :cry: :cry:

also soap and water then furniture polish again stabs in the dark :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

big-all said:
heeellloo doron and welcome :D :D :D :D

surprized nowt has worked so far :eek:

try somthing oil based on the offcut 3in1 or wd 40
havent a clue if it will work though :cry: :cry:

also soap and water then furniture polish again stabs in the dark :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thanks for replying, i'll give it a go

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back