Shiplap on an outside wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have sealed and painted this wall but the damp come through fro the inside. as you see it is unsightly. Thinking uf using 12/15mm x 150mm Shiplap. Should I fix it directly to the wall(plugs & screws) or are there brackests that might help?

Attachments

• IMG_2676.jpg
    IMG_2676.jpg
    431.9 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_2677.jpg
    IMG_2677.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
First i'd have a try at taking 2 inch of the render off at the bottom all the way along and put a bead on. Then drill some drain holes along the bottom. If inside the bedding area is a solid bottom it needs drainage to stop it staying too wet or put a liner in the flowerbed.

Yes, base is solid but I drilled lots of small holes before I filled it with soil. Probably all blocked now. It would be too much work for me to dig it all out. And I think dceking would look nice. Get a lot of mould on outside walls here(Penzance) no matter what paint we use.

Sponsored Links
300mm deep concrete base in heavy compacted clay and will only be two blocks high. Will only be boundaries for patio and flower beds. Was just worried about water absorption and the effect of frost in the winter?

Regards

Colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back