Shock sensors - how to wire to a zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm helping a friend plan his alarm system as he is having an extension built and there is the opportunity to get all the wiring in place. I installed my own Texecom Premier 48 a year or two ago with help from this forum and it was a great success.

The question is around window shock sensors/vipers? Should these be wired independently as zones (one per zone) or combined in some way (series wiring?) so there are multiple sensors per zone?

We are probably looking at a Texecom Premier Elite 48 control panel, and maybe the texe impaq sensors? PIRs in each room as well...

I have read mention of 'First to Alarm' and 'Latch' functionality in the shock sensors, but haven't found a nice easy description of what this means!

Thanks for any help

Nik

Sponsored Links
If you can wire each shock to a zone, if you are limited to available zones run each one back to the control panel and join out in the panel as this will be better if you ever have a fault on one , run 8 core to shock sensors if you are thinking of having more than one on a zone.

I agree. One per zone is always best.

If you wire several vipers on a single zone and use the latching option, you will also need to use an output to reset all the vipers before you can set the alarm - it's a lot of complication and messing about just to save on a few zones... It won't make your friend's life easier!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back