Shocking plumber !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Had a new boiler fitted in a hurry by the vendor just b4 we moved in 'bout a year ago (condition of sale).
Anyway on Friday had the old fusebox upgraded with a consumer unit.
Took nearly every floorboard up on the circuit to find this !!!
Under the floorboards the plumber had lifted to wire the boiler in and nailed back down.
View media item 21104View media item 21103Been running like this for a year but had no RCD on the old fusebox so it was working fine.
Also electrician re-instated the ring main which had been breached whole house was running on one wire and with the cooker tapped into the shower circuit.
Just as well I never put a chicken in to roast and then ran a shower - not the only thing that would have been roasted :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Anyway all well that ends will I suppose.
G.

Sponsored Links
At least it's been put right now,

Isn't there some form of electrical certificate (such as a PIR) needed when houses are sold now?

Sponsored Links
It was proposed for the much-touted HIPS, but the electrical side never made it into the final package. Although as I understand it, HIPS is required only to market a property, not to actually sell it (so if you sell to somebody without marketing it first, HIPS is not mandated).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back