Shocking

Many years ago when I was young anf foolish (now I'm old and foolish) I was tweeking an RF Linear amplifier that was boosting the output of a Wireless Set No, 19 in the school CCF signals radio room.

These things ran off a bank of metal cased float charged 12V accumulators, which provided a convenient seat whilst working on the kit :unsure:

I pushed the transmit button, then reached towards the the trimmer near the tank coil with my screwdriver.

The next thing I knew I was on the floor 15 feet away, against the wall! No adverse effects, fortunately!

Sponsored Links
:confused: I've got a different stort of Steinel, it has a column of LEDs for common voltages, plus an ac/dc indicating LED.

No battery, no moving parts, nothing to adjust, not much to go wrong.
It is not as fat as the usual UK one. Just a thin probe and a fat probe with the LEDsi

martindales.jpg

;)

:confused: I've got a different stort of Steinel, it has a column of LEDs for common voltages, plus an ac/dc indicating LED.

No battery, no moving parts, nothing to adjust, not much to go wrong.
It is not as fat as the usual UK one. Just a thin probe and a fat probe with the LEDsi
Perhaps its was a fault with only the battery ones?
the type i mean were the ones where you pressed the buttons whilst holding the probes together and then all leds would light followed by them cascading down from the top to off.

Sponsored Links
You're not going totry and tell me thats GS38 compliant are you John?

nope

very handy though

As far as I know it was one of their early designs. I got it some years ago, possibly in Germany.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back