Shoppererport

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Windows Vista with AVG antivirus, firewall, malware and Defender. I was offered the new toolbar site etc., HOT, installed it then uninstalled it quite successfully. Then I found this HOT had put an addon of Shopperreport which keeps popping up on the side of the screen when I go to different sites. I went to uninstall programmes and have tried to uninstall many times but it will not go. It has even suggested I do not have the authority to remove this but I am the administrator and I am the only user of my computer. The Defender identified this item and I asked for it to be put in quarantine but it is still there. Can anyone please advise how I can get rid of this addon it is driving me mad? Thank you for any help.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried a system restore? start - all programs - accessories - system tools - system restore.

Thank you for your reply. I have since gone into Windows Defender again and it identified three Adware addons, Hotbar, Clickpotato and Shopperreports. I clicked on remove for all three and it said it was successful but looking in the list of programmes the Shopperreport is still listed although I have no success on the uninstalling button. So, I don't really know whether it has been uninstalled or not. I am not too sure what I am doing, do you think the system restore will resolve this? Thanks for any help.

Thank you for your reply. I have since gone into Windows Defender again and it identified three Adware addons, Hotbar, Clickpotato and Shopperreports. I clicked on remove for all three and it said it was successful but looking in the list of programmes the Shopperreport is still listed although I have no success on the uninstalling button. So, I don't really know whether it has been uninstalled or not. I am not too sure what I am doing, do you think the system restore will resolve this? Thanks for any help.

Yes, it will.

Sponsored Links
Hi dibsdiy,

Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware, download the latest version from here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
Open malwarebytes and goto UPDATE and click 'check for updates'.
After its updated goto SCANNER
Click PERFORM FULL SCAN
Click SCAN
Remove everything that's found (needs to be ticked)
Post the complete log here once you've deleted everything it finds (it should pop up at the end) this might take a while to do.

then,

Download HIJACK THIS, download the latest version from here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/
Click MAIN MENU then "DO A SYSTEM SCAN AND SAVE A LOGFILE" then post the log
Don't do anything else with Hijack but scan and post the FULL log
If you get a message that you cant write to the hosts file then Press the SHIFT key, and whilst holding it RIGHT CLICK and select RUN AS (admin)

This will show us whats running.

Thank you daozen, I have run off a copy of your instructions and will carry these out as soon as I have lots of time as you say it may take a while to do. Just one thing though, will MalwareBytes anti-malware or Hijack this clash with the malware, firewall etc., that I already have installed? Thankyou for your help.

Hi daozen, I have followed the instructions but have got a bit stuck. I downloaded malwarebytes etc., the log popped up and although I thought I had saved it, I cannot now find it. I did however, make a note that there were 3 files, 3 folders and 17 registry keys all relating to the shopper nuisance which I removed. I then downloaded hijack this, this time I managed to save the log file but could not seem to post it on this site. I have put in a request to diynot for help on this but so far have not received a reply. As soon as I get a reply, I will post it. Many thanks for your help.

Open malwarebytes and goto LOGS.
There will be a list of logs from previous scans (probably only one in your case)
Double click on it and it should open notepad with the log details.
Click on notepad where the writing is.
Hold down CTRL and press "A"
Hold down CTRL and press "C"
The in your browser on this forum Click on POSTREPLY
Click on the main body where you'd write.
The hold down CTRL and press "V"

Basically you can follow those instruction (from set two) for you HJT log as well, but post each log separately.

I have managed to get the log from the malwarebytes following your instructions but cannot find the log in the hijackthis. I have had a look round the main menu but cannot see it and am wary of doing any damage. Do I still need to find it? Thank you for your time and help.

If you saved the log it will probably be in your Documents (My Documents) called hijackthis.log. If you can't find it just do another scan and post its contents as instructed.

Sponsored Links
Back