shoprider mobility scooter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to go and collect a 4 wheel shoprider mobility scooter for my dad at the weekend,size wise it should fit in my hatchback.I have seen some on ebay that say will dismantle to 5 parts, ie. 2 batteries, a seat,front and rear end, Do they break apart like this, and if so what tools will I require to dismantle.It might be too heavy to lift in without at least taking the batteries out. Has anyone any experience of these scooters? :?:

Sponsored Links
my freind had a 4 wheeled one that did'nt easily come to bits although the seat comes off and the front handle pivots down
they had a volvo estate so the solution i came up with was 2 planks of 6x1"x7'6" [i think it was] i attached 2x1" to each side to give extra support and stop the wheels falling off
there was rubber top and bottom to prevent slipping chains affixed to keep ramps parralel and correctly spaced and sitting on the back bumper

the exact length was the maximum length we could get in the back to keep the gradient to a minimum

as said above you need to see one in bits but the 4 wheeled one my freind had could not be dismantled :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cry:

I had a demo few weeks ago, could be broken down in a matter of seconds without tools, the heaviest part being the battery.

Sponsored Links
hi Guys, thanks for the replies, I am getting it from a retired farmer in Cumbria whos wife passed away, I doubt if he knows how to dismantle it ,
100 miles on a scooter, will need recharge stops every 25 miles, would think pubs on route.....mmm ..maybe a couple of hours to recharge batteries........a few pints.......in each pub...
Can you be had up for drunk in charge of a scooter?
No Need to look out for speed cameras.
M6 is out of the question
When does the snow set in over Shap,
Need to set of pretty sharpish,i'll tell the wife i'll see her next week then ,
Any volunteers to push!
Down hill all the way.........

be careful this does not happen

1893218.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back