Short combi boiler

Maybe you will have to tell him to move it or end up with something carp.

Whatever you do don't fit an Ideal Icos - you will regret it!!

thanks for the feedback, i know you cant take 1 persons word as a fair reflection, but its always good to get feedback from other installers. From reading around the Icos seems to have a pretty poor rep!!

Sponsored Links
I wonder if there would be any demand for a "landscape" shaped boiler specifically for fitting under work surfases?

Tony

I wonder if there would be any demand for a "landscape" shaped boiler specifically for fitting under work surfaces?

Tony

Interestingly, one 'sort of' exists. The Glow-Worm Ultrapower system storage boiler is delivered in two boxes, the large box contains the cylinder and related gubbins, the small box contains the boiler. I'm sure that, theoretically at least, you could throw away the cylinder and use the boiler as a separate system boiler, or even a combi boiler as it heats it's cylinder directly via a heat exchanger, and this could simply be connected to the hot water system of a property. The boiler itself is shorter than it is wide or deep, so it is a 'landscape' boiler.

In practise of course you can't do this as it doesn't comply with the MIs, shame as it may have solved the OPs problem, and those of people in a similar situation, although suggesting a customer stop being so bleedin' awkward might be a better start...

Sponsored Links
Maybe you will have to tell him to move it or end up with something carp.

Whatever you do don't fit an Ideal Icos - you will regret it!!

thanks for the feedback, i know you cant take 1 persons word as a fair reflection, but its always good to get feedback from other installers. From reading around the Icos seems to have a pretty poor rep!!

i will back up the DONT FIT IDEAL! and i doubt it wll fit anyway why not look at a floor standing boiler

Thats an interesting idea Kevin!

The Baxi condensing back boiler would easily fit under a work surface!

Not sure exactly how to arrange the flue though.

Shall I suggest it to the publicity lady at baxi?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back