Short Felt Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small problem with the felt running into my guttering. Most of the house is fine but in a few places the felt is about an inch short of the gutter so when I look up I can see daylight between it and the fascia. (I think it is due to the slope of the gutter.) I don't have any water running down the walls or entering the property and it appears the tiles overhang the gutter enough for all the rainwater to be caught.

Some neighbours had a similar scenario, but with water running down the wall, and had the first couple of courses of tiles removed and new layer of felt applied.

As a decorator, I am used to meeting people who have had unnecessary work done and the roofers I have asked about this had varying opinions which lead to my questions:-

1. Is it necessary for this amount of work to be done? or

2. Can a small piece of felt be tucked under the short areas? or

3. Is it alright as it is?

I'm not too worried about it but any advice or solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
gutter`s probably too low / got too much slope on it - used to be done Right, by us plumbers ;)

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys.

Eaves trays were suggested to me but nobody else seems to have them. Gutter does seem to have a bit too much pitch - will see if I can adjust it when the sun comes out.

Speaking of which, I heard that 'you plumbers' don't do guttering now cos you prefer working indoors in the warm!! ;) ;)

The rubbish the plumbers didn't want to do was passed down to the slaters. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back