Vibration of felt in guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

First time poster here!

I am experiencing the same problem as a poster in 2009 (see below), which unfortunately did not get a DIY resolution other than replace felt. Can anyone help, my father in law suggests I paint the guttering with black bitumen paint and then paint the felt onto the guttering. Is this a sensible solution? The noise is definitely the felt flapping in the guttering, is cutting it short of the pipe an option as we have no fascia boards, so any leaks from cracks in tiles would run away and drip into an area of no concern?

Thanks for any help

I have a vibrating noise which comes from the felt which overlaps the
guttering on our roof ( sounds like a birds wings flapping ) Has anyone any ideas as to how to stop this. ie cutting the felt back or fastening the felt in some way.
It is definately from the felt rattling against the guttering as I have seen it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back