Short projection toilet with a macerator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have come across this topic before but both times the questoner has changed the design of the bathroom to get round the problem.

I'm making a very narrow 1200m (4ft) wide bathroom with a door at one end and a large shower at the other. along this corridor i want to but a towel rail, a sink and a toilet (in that order from the door)

I should add now that the room is in the basement with a waste pipe going overhead and then down and out the back at waist height behind the shower.

I will be using a grundfos sololif2 wc3 to take the waste from the toilet the basin and the shower.

I am well aware of the issues with these machines but the client is well used to them having successfully kept two going for a few years in his other properties.
(He is obviously treating them with the respect that they demand, if not wholly deserve.)

the problem i have is finding a short projection toilet, lets say 600mm deep, that has enough room to fit the macerator behind it, it needs 175mm.

has anyone come across such a toilet?

can anyone help?

thank you all in advance

Graham

Sponsored Links
There may be Building Regs issues here. I believe that you are not allowed to fit only macerator bogs in a residential property. There must be one on gravity per property.

Hi there, thank you for the reply.
Its a complicated one. The building is residential but backs onto a large workshop that is used for fabrication. the building was bought for industrial use but during the modifications (we have raised the level of the ground floor to allow head height in the basement) i am installing all the pluming work so that later on down the line if the owner wants to rent out the building or part of it he can install a proper 4" piped toilet upstairs. it is currently capped off under a trapdoor in the ground floor floor.
in the meantime whilst it is being used as a commercial space the small bathroom downstairs will be used.
The idea being to keep as much of upstairs open as possible.
[/b][/i][/u]

Sponsored Links
Hi, thank you yes, i saw these, they look good but unfortunately they can't take a shower as well so they are no good for this situation.

Thank you very much!

I'll look into that option. the sanicompact is the ideal answer for the size issue

the shower sits right in front of the waste water pipe to the main drain wich is about 4ft off the basement ground floor. not too far for the shower waste to travel.

does this whale gulper cope ok hair etc? i have potentially saved some money and hassle with the sanicompact (as much as possible with these machines) so if i'm going to get a separate pump for the shower i'd like to make sure i get the best i can. what should i look for?

Thank you very much for your help on this. This forum is a really amazing thing for people like me. Thank you all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back