Shorter door for converted greenhouse?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This converted greenhouse has a maximum of 1900mm to the beam across the door, and only about 1800mm actual head room below the eaves.

Building regs seem to stipulate minimum 1981mm for new houses, that doesn't concern me but it means I can't find anywhere selling doors shorter than that, and even solid wood doors say I can't trim more than a few cm (not sure why).

I really don't want to make a shed door out of planks as I want some glazing and wouldn't know how.
Is there nobody who sells simple doors fit cases like this, or doors I can shorten more substantially?

PXL_20230603_172213282.jpg

Sponsored Links
You can buy external grade door blanks that you can chop about as you see fit, you just need to add a hardwood lipping to the cut edges. eg https://www.doordeals.co.uk/product/external-door-blank-solid-core
Oh thanks, I hadn't realised this was possible. Affordable too for the more basic ones. So you've buying just a 'sandwich' the same all the way through, in this case glued strips of wood with an exterior veneer?
Presumably with the will and the skill I could even cut a hole for a glazed panel.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back