Fitting internal fire doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently converting our loft and i need to install some new 1/2 hr fire doors and frames. The doors are 686mm wide and i've bought frames to suit but i'm told the frames come as standard at a 2050mm hieght - to suit a 2040 door - and i have to shorten them to suit a 1981mm high door.

What i'm not sure about is how much gap to leave at the top of the door to ensure it fits easily (think i've read it must be no more than 2mm?) and do i need to allow for floor finishes - carpet/laminate/tiles etc at the bottom?

If i cut the frame to 1983mm then the door isn't going to open once the floor finish is down?

Anyone with any pointers?

Sponsored Links
Add 10mm for the door bottom and 2mm for the top of the door and cut the casing for this height.

Hang the door, and then when you lay the floor covering, then reduce the door if required

If you are fitting an intumescent strip(brush type) then a margin of 4mm is required.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back