Should A Karcher have water dripping out of it when new?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Karcher 4.600 from b&q on an offer. When I got it home to assemble the first thing I noticed was water dripped out of it onto the floor from the pipes. Second thing I noticed was that it looked as though it had been dismantled and badly put back together i.e. when you looked at it from the top the gap between the two halfs of the casing wasn't constant, it was wider at one side than the other. It looked as though the case hadn't "snapped" together properly.

I promptly returned it to b&q and had to wait 2 weeks on fresh stock coming in. Picked up a new one today and GUESS WHAT! it's exactly the same as above.
I picked one with a fresh looking box that didn't look as though it had been opened and resealed so I don't think it's the same one.

Do Karcher test these in the factory hence water dripping from it?
I'm worried that the ill fitting case might suggest that I have opened it and the warrantly may not be valid.

Perhaps B&Q are just buying factory seconds??

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Of course but I'm just wondering is it normal for water to come out of a new machine? - If it's a result of factory testing then fair enough, but if this is due to it the machine being returned then I'm not happy.

Regarding the dodgy looking case I don't think anyone can convince me that's normal - A well known company like Karcher should be able to do better, although it says "made in Italy" if it's anything like their cars lol

No ....water shouldn't leak from the body, if it does don't use it. The only place water should come out of a pressure cleaner is the lance. As long as you have followed your user instructions correctly you need to speak to the retailer.

Sponsored Links
been looking at this again - more closely now, the item has been repacked - I actually think I just may have been given back the very item that I returned. B&Q are such scum bags.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back