Should I fix my sink to the wall before or after tiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing a sink in my shower room and I am also tiling the wall that the sink will fix onto (the wall is not currently tiled). My question is, should I tile the wall first and then fix the sink or should I fix the sink to the wall and then tile?

I am new to tiling so I would appreciate any advice on which is the best approach.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends how your tiling your romm. if tiliong all the wall for a neater finish, tile bfore fixing the sink. Saves on all the tricky cuts.if only tiling above the sink fit sink first.

Hi, I am just replacing our bathroom Suite and re tiling the bathroom.

I marked up the basins position first, fitted the long securing bolts, then fitted the basin and tested drain and measured water supply.

Removed Basin Tiled the area drilling over large holes for bolts. and hole for drain and water supply through a semi pedastal.

Will be grouting tonight and refitting basin later.

Easier and neater than trying to tile around

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back