Should I have room thermostats as well as a weather compensator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have conflicting information from 2 different plumbers/Viessmann itself and not sure what is correct. My system is a Viessmann vitodens 222-f which powers UFH downstairs and rads upstairs.

We have no internal thermostats anywhere in the house and just work off of the weather compensator. The UFH and rads both have their own manifolds but no actuators on them.

My question is should I have actuators on the manifolds and internal room thermostats as well as the weather compensator or should the WC just work without? As we notice some rooms get far too hot being south facing and no way to turn the flow of the water off in that room. Happy to upload photos if you need more concept of my system

Sponsored Links
It's generally better to just let the WC take care of everything. Although it can't prevent solar gains, so I'd be inclined to use TRV's in the radiator rooms that are over heating, and might be worth fitting a few actuators where needed for the UFH system, but would only use them on the rooms that get too much solar gain.

hey @ScottishGasMan thanks for the reply. I do have 10 actuators sitting in my garage that came with the UFH it seems but was never installed by the property developer. Would i need to get them installed and have room thermostats for those specific rooms? the rads upstairs all have TRV's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back