Should I Insulate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should I insulate with insulation board between the framework on the old house wall? (blue wall in pic) This wall has cavity insulation.

It will be covered with 12.5 mm Plasterboard.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Stu

16865121_10209843189569778_8090309643396030543_n.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not to answer the question but what are you stud spacing on your stud wall?

You can insulate in your void however you have to be careful that you wont create condensation risk as the external wall will be slightly cooler than the air due to the insulation.
The thinness you are talking about, 50mm of rockwool, I should think would not cause this problem.

Last edited:
600 to centres.

The pic is an older one I had, work has progressed since, completing the stud walls.

I cannot see the point of insulating this wall, This was the external wall and is now internal due to extension ( i think) you say it already as cavity insulation, but it is now an internal wall. unless you are planning to have differential temperatures inside the house i would just board skim and decorate.

Sponsored Links
I cannot see the point of insulating this wall, This was the external wall and is now internal due to extension ( i think) you say it already as cavity insulation, but it is now an internal wall. unless you are planning to have differential temperatures inside the house i would just board skim and decorate.

Thank you. That what I shall do.

What that is going to be an internal and you're leaving the window like that?!?

What that is going to be an internal and you're leaving the window like that?!?

Yes, that window will be in a corridor so is not causing any issue.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back